#059. Go to a concert

 

Go to a concert

Who: the girls

What: Outside Lands Music Festival

Why: Because I like hanging with the girls

When: 08/14/10-08/15/10

Where: San Francisco, CA

So I am one of those people who is pretty clueless with music, movies, and people who are famous.  You do not want me on your team for any kind of artsy trivial pursuit.  I mean, really, it just doesn't get much better than The Beatles.  What else does a girl need? 

I was certain I really didn't know pretty much any of the bands before we went, but was pleasantly surprised that I did recognize quite a bit of music - just never knew who sang it!  And even if I wouldn't have recognized any of the songs or bands I still would have gone because 1) It was a girls weekend getaway  2) I love San Francisco and 3) I really really wanted to meet up with some fellow bloggers (outside of the concert)...and these are not necessarily in order.

The Line Up (so you can make fun of me for not knowing who these bands are):


First stop was for a wrist band showing I am of a certain age, second stop was for a glass of cab sav in a classy plastic cup, and third was for this tattoo thing on my arm showing the schedule - ya know because I had so many different stages that I just had to be at.

I don't know who this is, but I do know that I liked them...

Some of the crazy crowd.  This was seriously a people watcher's paradise.  I was only offered pot once from some young wholesome kids to which I declined.  I just can't see smoking pot for the first time at my age, young-uns.  That ship has sailed.

A little Kings of Leon on the BIG screen to end the night.

It was a whole lot of fun, but none of it matched getting to meet up with some online (now IRL) friends one evening outside the concert, but that one is for my other blog.  (-;

Chelle  – (January 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM)  

oooh! I love people watching! Looks like a great time! I can't wait to read your other blog to see with whom you met! (Is that good grammer??!)

SillyHille  – (January 5, 2011 at 5:38 PM)  

Yes!!!
I'm so glad you're continuing!!

Lost in Space  – (January 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM)  

M and M ~ I'll post over there about the visit sometime soon. Loved it!!

SillyHille, yup still continuing, but am just really backlogged on stuff I have completed. I suspect a whole bunch of posts in the near future. (-;

Phoebe  – (January 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM)  

Loved the hip pic of you, and your snarky comment about not inhaling for the first time at your age, ha haa!! Looks like a fun time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP