#101. enjoy 4 all girls days (1 of 4)

 

Since moving to CA, all girl days have been quite infrequent for me. There were very few females in my graduate program and master's level engineering courses didn't really leave much time for extracurricular to meet people outside the program. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. for my first few years of work. I even had my "own" bathroom at my old office as I was the only woman in the building. Seriously. It has taken a long time to find local girlfriends again and I love spending time with them. Let the all-girl days begin!!

All girl day #1

Who: J1, J2, and H

What: 3-day girls getaway weekend (Hmmm, so technically this could count for 3 "girl days", but I don't want to waste all my outings on 1 trip!!)

Why: Because we like to cram as much fun as we can into a 3-day weekend

When: 11/20/09 - 11/22/09

Where: 1 night in Las Vegas, 2 days kayaking Black Canyon (Colorado River from Hoover Dam to Willow Beach), 1 night camping

Both J1 and I had cameras, but her memory card malfunctioned and she lost all her photos so the only photo I actually have of me is one with a timer that we took while on a hike.

Bummer, but just know that Vegas included penny slots, jello shots, fountain show at the Bellagio, some ogling over a couple hot shirtless "Santas", and many laughs. We all know that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas anyway so no pictures is probably a good thing.

Black Canyon is a beautiful place that I would highly recommend and plan to go back.


We dropped in right at Hoover Dam where a new bridge is being built.
DSC03585


Just starting out and already loving the view
DSC03584

We enjoyed a natural sauna cave that was approximately 130-140 degrees. We also hiked along a trail through rocks and a stream to reach some natural hot springs where we soaked our troubles away in what felt like hot tub water. Getting there included climbing a ladder over some large boulders as well as a rope up a small waterfall. It was one of the most amazing experiences of the trip for me and I'm sad those pictures didn't make it.


Part of the trail to the hot springs.
DSC03597


1 of 2 tarantulas that we saw on the hot springs hike! Watch where you step or put your hands!
DSC03594


Our campsite: 2 tents, 4 kayaks, 3 bottles of wine, 4 friends, and lots of smores over a campfire
DSC03601


Hiking!!
DSC03604


View of the river on our hike
DSC03607


The crew: J2, me, H, and J1
DSC03611


SillyHille  – (November 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM)  

Love it!
So glad you started this list! It will be so much fun to follow...
I'm not a spider girl, that sucker would have had me headed back to vegas and a hotel for SURE!

Wendy  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM)  

What a cool trip (although that spider freaked me out!!!) Other than that it just looked like so much fun. Glad you had a great time. :)

Wendy  – (November 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM)  

Hey, I don't know if you'll see it but I left you a comment after your comment on my blog.

I would have been so lost these last 3 years without you, too. Thank you for always knowing the right thing to say and for making me feel better. You have always been the one person that I knew would understand.

Love you, too!

bb  – (November 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM)  

First of all, this looks like an amazing blog and I'm glad that I get to follow along. Second, this trip looks like an incredible start to your goals. How fun!!! And s'mores... I love them and they love my ass. Now I need a fire and all the fixin's.

banditgirl  – (November 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM)  

Lost in Space Bren, rocking new hairdo and an inspiring trip with wonderful ladies!!!!

Phoebe  – (December 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM)  

Ditto on lovin' the new blog. Great list. My husband tells me of great rock climbing near Vegas called Red Rocks. He has been trying to convince me of going there since forever! I'm into the whole tarantula thing too. We have spiders here that look like tarantulas, but are technically giant wolf spiders.

Flying Monkeys  – (January 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM)  

I almost shit my pants at the spider photo. THANK YOU!

It looks like fun! I need some girl time too but I wouldn't take me out in public so I understand why others don't want to. : )

Lost in Space  – (January 4, 2010 at 1:06 PM)  

Hey, J. Read my comment on your last post. Nobody wants to take me out in public either. We could so "hang". LOL.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP